Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bat Lash TPB cover inks over Nick Cardy

It's possible I've already posted this one, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere. My apologies if this is another accidental rerun.

Nick Cardy was one of my favorite artists when I was growing up in the '60's. From Teen Titans, through Brave and the Bold, Aquaman and the series that I would consider his masterpiece, Bat Lash.

He's a gifted storyteller on paper and in person and this was the one time we got to work together; a cover for the trade paperback collection of the 2008 series. Nick wanted to hang on to his pencils if possible so I told him I'd be more than happy to ink a blueline print and return his pencils to him untouched. He drew the cover so tight that my inks weren't really needed, but it was a genuine thrill to do this job so I'm glad that DC didn't feel the same way.


2 comments:

  1. LOL....will you please just go draw an issue of Jonah Hex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on something you'll like waaaay more than that.

    ReplyDelete